Friday, February 15, 2008

Economy of Words

Many of the articles I read, when discussing writing or speaking, often praise economy of words. Those of you that know me, know I spray words around with wild abandon. I grossly over talk and typically over-write. So, my excercise for the next several weeks - in addition to whatever topics I have is to summarize a day in a single sentence. And no, the sentences cannot be like 17th century literature where they go on for whole paragraphs.

Hey it was either this or Haiku and I am saving Haiku for later....

3 comments:

grrech said...

so the recession is hitting words now? maybe you could focus on your spelling and grammar too.

Chris said...

My blogger spell check stopped working! I also think this word processor has a mind of its own.

Sandy said...

It makes me happy that you decided to come to the darkside of short posts. I do not have the attention span to read some of your novels.