Monday, February 25, 2008

Shaving: A brief comparison

During my recent road trip, I packed my old Mach 3, forgoing the straight razor experience before a major appointment. On my return, I shaved with straight razor. I jotted down some notes after each attempt.

Mach 3: Oh my God! The Speed....It was like shaving with lighting. No thought necessary - just go! How I have missed you my old red handled friend. Over every nook, every curve, against and with the grain. I felt like the God of Facial Hair Removal. Technology, Why hath I forsaken thee???

Straight Razor: This just takes forever. 1st Pass not very close - lets go for 2. Holy Shit! My face is on fire. I am bleeding. Maybe this stupid thing still isn't sharp enough. How can you shave what you cannot see?! The blade is too wide, and 4 inches long - no part of my face is 4 inches long. This sucks. Oh the burn!!! This experiment is a stupid idea.

I refuse to give up yet, I did spend money to buy this equipment...and I am stubborn. One month is its the Mach 3 by a mile!

No comments: