Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ugly....

So, we've had our first rough couple days. Lots of crying, lots of refusing to take naps - which leads to even more crying. The only thing that remotely works is holding her while standing, or using the carrier.





At first, I saw the carrier as a benevolent object - something that allowed me use of both my hands, while my daughter happily drooled and cooed away while strapped to my chest. I gushed about it to friends and family, and saw it as a productivity enhancer. I loved it like a Brother!!!

After a carrying her around for the past few days for several hours while she howled - I am learning to see it as an instrument of torture and instead of enhancing, it may well be enabling! Right in front of my face and in my own home! Damn its shoddy blue cotton fabric!! My back is still bowed from yesterday's trials and my ears are still trickling blood from close proximity to my howling daughter. My nipples and sides of my chest are chafed from the straps.

The Question of the Day: Infant Harnessy Thing - Good or Bad??? For me, the jury is out.

1 comment:

YIZ said...

ALthough it seems like a good idea....think...we are creeatures of habit...even at under a year. She will become use to that feeling of being held and upright...She is in control right now and you don't even KNOW IT!!. It seems like and easy solution but it's not.