Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Looking in the Mirror

I just checked on my daughter, because its 8:00am and she's still sleeping. I was concerned she was dead, suffocated by either her blankets or possibly a cat. But no, she's sound asleep. That affording me the opportunity to brush my teeth and use the restroom in relative peace and quiet.

As I looked at myself in the mirror while brushing, I realized, " Man, you have really let yourself go!"

"When's the last time you shaved or had a shower?"

"How many days in a row are you going to wear those jeans and that sweatshirt?"

"Are you even wearing clean underwear?"

I am a disgusting mess. While there is a lot to do during the days when you are home alone, perhaps I should add "Take Shower" and "Change Clothes" do my list for today and perhaps every other day moving forward. At this point, I absolutely cannot be a pleasant thing for my wife to come home to, even if dinner is on the table.

No comments: