Friday, January 25, 2008

Rejected!

I have tried to think of something funny to say about this for a couple days but I got nothing. An inevitable part of the sales process is rejection. I get told "No" so much in the daily routine of my job, that its like being in high school two weeks before Prom all over again. And for the most part, its OK. Twelve years of public school and a long, difficult bout of puberty coupled with Pro-Wing Shoes and $5.00 haircut has prepared me to handle it. However, this past Friday, I received my first "No" pertaining to my current sales mission.

This work from home gig depends on me showing my bosses I can be successful. I have built in just a 10% success rate, in reality I can do much less and this experiment will be deemed successful. Even though this is just one account out of over 150 - I feel the pressure. I have worked very hard on this project, I have guided it from start to finish. Now I am at the stage where it all starts to come down to a one word answer.

If you adjust for inflation, I am still sporting the equivalent of a $5.00 haircut, and at the moment I am not even wearing shoes, but I hope that somewhere a buyer says, "Yes" to me.

1 comment:

YIZ said...

Yeah you may have received a No from a client...but Jon and Emma have a great daddy and Jill has an unbelievably unselfish husband. It will all work out in the end...This ain't disney world kid..No one gets a free ride. Make peace with the past so it won't screw up the future. :)