Monday, January 28, 2008

My obsession of the month!!!

I have been intrigued by straight razors for years, they're just so cool and undeniably badass! While at the grocery store this week, I realized that I spend over $120 a year on refill blades. I started doing research and found I could get a 2 straight razors, vintage high quality, a strop and a honing stone for less than $50.00. And shave forever for free. There's also an environmental aspect - no wasted packaging, no razor blades in the trash. Plus it has to raise my badass quotient. It has to. And a a a stay at home Dad, he needs some extra testosterone.

That's right, I might be Mr. Mom. But I shave with a 100 year old straight razor.

I am currently on Ebay duking it out with other real men over these items. While researching, I found there are thousands of devotees out there - granted, non of them have their pictures on the articles so they could look like Freddy Kreuger....

How cool is this going to be?! I'll keep you all posted. With any luck - I'll be shaving old school in a few short weeks. I will report back with pictures.

3 comments:

mantic59 said...

Be sure to check out www.straightrazorplace.com and www.badgerandblade.com

YIZ said...

Oh great. Well just remmeber to turn up the heat in your house or else you will shake yourself to a ruptured aeorta. No seriously...sounds very bad ass...I mean if I met you on the street and knew you shaved with a straight razor I would give you a wide spread. Hope you get them.

Chris said...

Thank you Mantic - these were great links. I also saw quite a bit of helpful info on YouTube. Let the adventure begin!