Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Part Four: Dropping Like Flies.

OK...that last one was way too long. I'm going to condense for the next part.

It was 10:00am and I was on my third Corona. I was leaned against the railing of the porch, reading. Everyone else was already down on the beach. The bulldozers were gone, Gary was gone, the sky was blue. It was the perfect day.

Out of the corner of my eye, 15 feet down, I saw lizards frolicking in the sand dunes. Sip by sip, page by page, I found the lizards increasingly captivating. I though to myself, "I wonder if I could catch one."

There was no way I could catch one on foot. I was too slow and heavy from the beer. Oh how they taunted me with their rapid feet and joyous scampering. I simply had to catch one. But how?? Only surprise would work.

No comments: