Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bengals 2008 Season

I recently had to mail in my check for this year's season tickets. My seat license in finally paid off. This concept is marketing genius and complete consumer bamboozlement. You pay enormous sums of money for the privledge of spending more money to buy a seat in the upper deck where you freeze your ass off and spend $7.00 on beer in plastic bottles, watching what has lately been a dissapointing team. My seats are under cover though...

Never the less, this is going to be a big year for me, as I need a new jersey. Justin Smith, my "high-motor" having #90 has gone to San Francisco, home of the hated 49's. Picking a new jersey is tough because in a drunken stadium, you can been ridiculed for wearing the wrong one. Poor guys who bit on the Akili jersey or maybe the Klingler have been laughed out of the stadium. Although now that the pain is dulled with time, they might be hilarious to wear.....I might need to look for one on Ebay.

My jersey selection critera and selection process is very rigid. I like defensive players or non-spotlight guys like line men or full backs or even special teamers. I like high character guys - I don't want to be like the 50,000 people who had Odell jersey's the past 2 years and were covering the name with Duct Tape. I also like guys that are going to be around for atleast 3+ years since jersey's are damn expensive plus they look better as they get worn out. I also don't necessarily want to have the same jersey as everyone else. That means typically no Chad, Carson, TJ or the latest 1st round draft pick.

The way I see it, I have 5 months until training camp, so I better start now. I'll be breaking down players and options in future entries.

No comments: