Saturday, December 1, 2007

Just Shit Already!!!!

As I type this, my one month old daughter sleeps in her carrier on my chest...for now. The past few nights have been some what concerning as she hasn't slept great. The reason she isn't sleeping great, I am quite confident is because she hasn't shat in 3 Freaking Days!!!

I never thought I would fervently be hoping, cheering and waiting for a bowel movement. (mine or someone else's). Every gasp, every grunt, every wail in the night - I think....this could be it - this could be the time!! I race in, diaper in hand, only to discover her face all screwed up and her legs thrashing. I've tried to help too. I've held her upside down, patted her back, fed her mom Mexican - all no avail thus far.

Unless you've lived it, you have now idea how important this Poo is. It's so important, I just capitalized Poo. Until she works it out, there will be no routine in the house. Without any routine, the smallest tasks become challenges. Sleep is by shift. Eating is one handed. Hearing the TV is next to impossible. Sleeping next to my wife and even the faintest possibility of sex is so far off, you couldn't see it with the Hubble Telescope. I thought an unchaste thought yesterday, and the baby started crying.

Come on Kid....Just Shit Already!!!

No comments: