Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Reviews from the field.....The Ford Focus

Wow.

Those were the first words out of my mouth when I fumbled for the keys to open the trunk on a blustery Portland night. Clumsily I searched for the keyhole, shaking my head at disbelief that there was no button on the keychain.

Driving this car was like riding a time machine to the bad old days when the windows still operated via rollers, the rear view mirrors were operated by those Q-tip looking things, and the seats were controlled by a combination of cranks, levers and rods.

It did however have 3 features. They are as follows:

1) A modest, but just strong enough engine that gurgled more than it purred during acceleration

2) A single disk CD/MP3 Player - which I did not get the opportunity to test.

3) A convenient pen holder located just left of the shift nob. That's right, a molded indentation in the console with a plastic clip designed to hold (perfectly I might add) a Bic Round Stic Medium Ball Point Pen. Of all the features, of all the lack of features in this car, the purposeful inclusion, of what can only be the car equivalent of a pocket protector I find delightful!

The final and crowing feature for what has to be the nerdiest car I have driven. The PT may be the gayest, but you Ford Focus are with out doubt the Dorkiest!

I nominate this feature and this car for rental car of the year. That's right the Ford Focus. For making me walk around and manually locking all the doors. That's right, for making me look like an idiot as I struggled with the window roller at the Mc Donalds parking lot! For gurgling down the highway, while I wished I had a CD to play!

Congratulations!!!

Images to follow.

No comments: