Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Second Round Match Ups - Jersey Tourney

Boomer vs Palmer: 1988 vs the future. Will Palmer get us to the Super Bowl? I believe he can. For the record, I believe he can do it with out Chad. Palmer advances.

Akili vs Graham: I am not sure which is lamer. Can you wear a kicker's jersey if you are not related to him? I have to go with it though, as he stands to be the most prolific and productive kicker in Bengal History and with our defense in transition and inability to run lately, he's been a key component of our offense. Shane it is...

M. Brown 00 vs Jobu #12: No commentary needed, I am over people blaming Brown and will not participate any more. Jobu #12, bring me a winning season please.

Geathers vs J. Smith (bye candidate): This is tough as I already have the jersey and it has that worn tattered look that says, "I was here before you and will be here after you" credibility you cannot get from buying a Palmer jersey in the Pro Shop before the game. But Geather's could be a stud....Since I need another filler candidate (since I suck at making brackets)....both advance)

Munoz vs Willie: Tough matchup. I have seen Willie play in person and followed his career. I was a pubescent nerd who didn't really get football in when Munoz was at his brightest. I know, I know...my loss. But I have to go with Willie on this one. He was there in 1999 at my first game, and he's still there now, and he is and always will be one of my favorites.

James Brooks vs TJ: Very similar players. Heads down, getting the tough yards. Sometimes over shadowed by peers. How much more does TJ have in the tank??? Lets find out...TJ wins.

A Brooks vs Leon Hall: A pretty boy corner 1st pick vs a supplemental pick that may or may not be. I like defense, and I like linebackers more than corners. Corner's are the Wide Receiver's and thus the Prima Donna's of the Defense. Ahmad Brooks.....don't let me down.

Who Ya Got!
Next round match ups: Ahmad Brooks vs Robert Geathers, Shane Graham vs Jobu 12, Palmer vs Justin Smith, Willie vs TJ.

1 comment:

grrech said...

A. Brooks
Jobu
Palmer (you're trying to decide on a NEW jersey right?)
hoosyamomma will always be my man