Thursday, April 3, 2008

Jersey Tourney: The Elite 8

And Now you know why Chris Henry was never selected to the field.

Ahmad Brooks vs Geathers: Tough call. Brooks has all the physical talent in the world and maybe now with a headset on defense he can get in the right position and be where he is supposed to be. For now though he hasn't established himself yet and I am not sure of his long term future with the team. I love how selfless Geathers was in moving to linebacker last year. I also love it when Dave Lapham calls Geathers "Jumpy Junior." Plus he was plenty of time left on his new contract, Ahmad, I am sorry but you're out. Jumpy is going to the final 4.

Shane Graham vs Jobu (jersey #12): With Chad playing his games, (what was the ESPN phone interview all about anyway?), Chris Henry gone, Perry and Irons still on the shelf and a defense that at a minimum is questionable, it may take divine intervention to craft a winning season. Jobu, of Major League fame, could give this team the spark they need. If its one place where a Vodoo God would fit in...its in the jungle. Shane is money in the bank, provided the snap and hold are good, but even as much as I value Special Teams( Come on Special Teams....Be Special!!!!) , I just cannot bring myself to wear a kicker's jersey. Jobu...Welcome to the Jungle.

Palmer vs Justin Smith: I cannot bring myself to buy a Palmer jersey. I had a heated conversation with my friends on this topic. My opinion is, if they make a pink girls jersey and sell it at Dick's, I cannot follow the herd and wear it. Nothing against Palmer, I think he's awesome. But I gotta be me, and if its between buying nothing and keeping old tattered #90 and putting on the number 9 with everybody else. I'll stick with 90.

Willie vs TJ: Geez. I really like both of these guys. Its like #1 seeds facing off. I think they make pink 84 jerseys, that's a strike against TJ. Willie cannot be around much longer, do I want to invest in a player who won't be on the field in 2009? Willie has seen it all, done it all lived through the bad, the not so bad and the terrible. In stark contrast to some of his teammates, he has always done it with quiet, workman like class. Willie Anderson's 71 will stand for something long after he's left the field. Welcome to the Final Four, Big Man.

No comments: